Cloud antivirus provides a real-time automatic update for the threats and requires the minimal processing power of the computer system.
Cloud antivirus software is creating a lot of buzz but what it actually is and how much stronger it is than the traditional antivirus software?
The cloud antivirus software is basically a cloud-based security solution which provides advanced and high protection for your laptop or PC. Comparing to traditional antivirus software it is much more effective as it does not stall your system. By doing all the processing elsewhere on the internet than on your computer’s hard drive, cloud antivirus software requires minimal processing power. Cloud antivirus software is an innovative technology which remains low on your system’s resources and provides maximum protection against all types of threats.
Working of Cloud Antivirus Software
Cloud antivirus software has an endpoint machine (your system) and web service components working together to constantly update and compare the malware database. The web service components which are running servers on the cloud handle most of the data processing and store virus information in a database. Your system gets scanned at regular interval for any listed malware and if found then it is automatically gets updated in the cloud database. This will further send an update to every other endpoint machines with this updated database and keeps the systems safe in real-time. The systems connected with the web’s central monitoring server will routinely receive real-time updates.
You may be interested in: Your Guide to Identify Best Antivirus for Laptop
Advantages of Cloud Antivirus
Cloud Antivirus software has many more advantages than traditional antivirus software can offer, some of the advantages are listed below;
- It provides access to the latest information about threats as soon as it is detected by web services of cloud antivirus.
- With each update, your cloud antivirus software will have the latest data about malware.
- No need for constantly updating your antivirus regularly to protect your system from the latest threats.
- Easier to initiate antivirus scans as the updates are automated and involve fewer
- Your cloud antivirus software will always update automatically.
- Cloud antivirus software requires very less processing power from your system.
- It is light on the resources so doesn’t impact the performance of your system.
- A common cloud web server is connected with different computer systems which guarantee instant protection from malware which may be affecting some other user.
- Most of the traditional antivirus software providers are upgrading to the cloud-based antivirus at no extra cost.
Features of Cloud Antivirus Software
- It scans your entire computer system or the selective folders.
- Adjust itself by own when to make automatic scans.
- It automatically selects the files that need to be included in the scanning process.
- Always show detailed reports when malware is detected during a scan.
- Take actions on the detection of malware or threat.
Why Choose Cloud Antivirus Software?
Every minute there are many new threats which are being detected and created, this does call for real-time protection for the computer systems. It is also not possible for the user to manually update the antivirus software every now and then. So, the cloud antivirus software is one of the most advanced solutions to this problem along with providing maximum protection for your computer system.
The cloud antivirus software keeps all the virus definitions on the server only which reduces the load from your system. The user system doesn’t have to go through the millions of comparisons so it automatically increases the system performance and has almost no impact during the scans. This allows the user to work uninterrupted. Additionally, the cloud antivirus software remains up-to-date all the time as the server takes care of these updates automatically. So it frees the user from constantly manually updating its antivirus software.
The cloud antivirus software also increases the productivity for the user as the person will now have less things to worry about and the work can be done with very little impact on the performance of the system. The user also doesn’t have to worry about the security factor as the computer system is protected 24×7 from the latest threats with automatic cloud updates.
Also, there is a central database which makes cloud antivirus software much more secure and it not only contains the new virus definitions but also the old threats. On the occasions, hackers have tried this trick of injecting old viruses which can easily bypass the security boundary of traditional antivirus. The cloud antivirus tracks even old virus definitions and provides maximum security for your computer system.
The cloud antivirus software has a real advantage as they free up the user from downloading large patches every now and then. It scans the computer system for the latest threats while being online and catching them within seconds of their inclusion in the database. Protegent antivirus software comes with advanced cloud protection technology. It is the world’s only antivirus which comes with in-built data recovery software, so you don’t have to worry about your data loss in case of system corruption or format.
Download your free trial of Protegent Antivirus Software:-