Purchased a new computer or laptop and thinking about free antivirus software to choose from? Don’t worry, we are here to share some tips which will make it easy for you to choose the best free antivirus software for your computer system/ laptop.
It is always a daunting task to select free antivirus software and most of the times we end up in getting the wrong free antivirus software for our PC. The process of selection is also very long as we try some free antivirus software and then uninstall it to find a better alternative. But the one thing that every user should keep in mind is the features and the requirement of the PC. There are some essential features which a good free antivirus software must have and then comes the additional features to complement the requirements of the user. Before getting confused and making a purchase decision, a user should always take a trial version of the free antivirus software and check it if it suits the user’s requirements.
Below are some of the listed features that one must always check while choosing free antivirus software for their computer system/ laptop.
- Security against Viruses: The main function of any antivirus is to provide security against the numerous threats which include viruses, malware, Trojans, phishing attacks, worms, spam attack and other online cyber threats. But a best free antivirus software will provide you additional security against these threats. As the threat space is increasing and cybercriminals are creating new forms of threats on a regular basis, free antivirus software must keep a check on all the latest threats and keep the system safe from them.
- Email Protection: Emails are an essential part of our daily life and hackers are also utilizing it to search for their next victim. So, it is important for any free antivirus software to give maximum protection over emails also. An antivirus blocks all the web pages with viruses and threats which attempts at personal data phishing attempts. Good free antivirus software constantly scans all the emails being received by the user and checks for any vulnerability in it. The emails can be a phishing attempt, carrying virus-ridden attachments and links to malicious websites which can compromise the security of your system.
- Safe Browsing: A free antivirus software should always provide the user with an option for safe online browsing experience. As many of us are using online space for activities like online shopping, banking, paying bills and for other transactions. So, it is important for any free antivirus software to have safe browsing option. Cybercriminals try various methods to lure the victims in sharing their personal and financial details. Details like bank account number, credit card number, passwords, social media accounts Ids and passwords can compromise your digital identity as well as can harm financially if being exposed. Free antivirus software should protect your digital space from the cybercriminals and provide a safe internet browsing experience.
- USB Threat Protection: USB or any other external devices poses a potent threat to the computer system/ laptop. It is important for any free antivirus software to have the feature of scanning all the external devices as soon as they are inserted into the system. Many external devices are affected by the virus and this can harm your computer system very badly.
- Regular Update: Your antivirus needs to be updated regularly to provide the best protection against the threats. So, automatic updates should be one of the features of free antivirus software. Some of the free antivirus software gets the update on a weekly, daily or hourly basis. The more frequently an antivirus software takes the update the more protected your personal computers will be. Choose an antivirus with regular and frequent automatic updates.
- Protection against Adware: Adware overloads the computer system and compromises the user’s privacy. Good free antivirus software must provide protection against the adware so that you can browse the internet safely and protect your system. Adware is the most used method for virus intrusions into the system. Hackers create fake ads and websites to lure their victims and get their personal and financial details.
- Cloud Protection Technology: Antivirus are getting advanced day by day and good free antivirus software should have active cloud protection technology to provide real-time threat protection. Cloud protection means the virus database is updated on a regular basis. It compares the database present in your personal computer with the cloud database and instantly checks for any latest threats. This also consumes less space and saves time in updating resulting in faster processing of your computer system.
- Intuitive Interface: A good free antivirus software must have an interactive and easy user interface as users like to have the things simple. The interface must have easy options for scanning the whole system or custom system scan features and have the log details which can be easily accessible to the user. The best free antivirus software is easy to use for both tech-savvy and casual users.
It is important to have good free antivirus software installed on your computer system to protect your valuable data, files, documents and internet activities. Protegent antivirus software is the best free antivirus software which provides full security for your PC. It is the world’s only antivirus which comes with in-built data recovery software, which means you never have to worry about your data to get lost in case of system corruption or format. Protegent has all the above-mentioned features and it is updated every hour to give maximum protection for your personal computer/ laptop. With its advanced technology and threat detection mechanism, it is one the best free antivirus software available in the market with many additional features along with full proof security for your computer system/ laptop.
Download your trial:-
1. Protegent Antivirus
2. Total Security
3. Complete Security
Do let us know your thoughts about free antivirus software and share your feedback in the comments section below.
If you are really searching for the best antivirus software, I must say that you are at the right place. Today I am going to list out some of the very popular antivirus which works perfect well for all operating systems.
Before starting to list out the best antivirus software, I must give you a brief about selecting the best antivirus according to your requirements. At the present time, there are mainly three version of antivirus provided by the antivirus companies around the globe.
The first one is the antivirus software which is used for those systems which occasionally connects to internet and works on intranet only. The only way the unknown threats can enter the system through external drives like Pen drives, external hard disk and so on. This antivirus software protects the system from any unknown threats and keeps your system updated.
At the present time, Data is the most crucial thing which is stored in the storage memory of the computer system. Data is important for both individuals and Businesses. For individuals, data may include images, video, assignments, presentations, etc. For Business, data may include emails, contacts, database, presentations, agreements, etc.
In the past, individuals and businesses were only thinking about data security software or antivirus software or total security antivirus which only protect from viruses, spyware and other online cyber threats. But their computer systems were not enabled with any data loss prevention tools which could provide prevention from accidental data loss, data deletion or data formatting.
Today’s world is very different from medieval times, and user data is the most important thing one can think of. Data can be of anything! It could be the findings of an billion dollar research. It could be personal and secretive. It could be strategic and sensitive information, right from government’s archives. It could be the launch codes or blueprint of a nuclear bomb. There are countless possibilities, where data stolen or duplicated can be used for illegal, dangerous, malicious, and monetary purposes. In present times, there have been instances where leaked data brought entire economies down. Illicitly acquired data has led to clash between nations. Such is its importance. So, it must be guarded using appropriate means.
In most of the cases, it is not the technical ignorance of the user, but a well-planned “virus” attack, which opens the access gateways to the magnetic vaults of data. These innocent looking, small sized viruses are meticulously engineered to manipulate any loophole in the firewall and security layers of the system. Many times, they take user permissions in very creative ways, by setting baits for the user. Some viruses even facilitate their creators (aka Hackers) by providing remote-access to them. With so many ways to plunder user data, it is imperative that someone should research and device ways to stop this from happening. This seeded the idea to create a system for preventing and tackling such thefts, and thus, Antivirus Software systems came into existence.
Antivirus is the data security software which provides extremely advanced protection from unknown viruses, spywares, malware, worms, Trojans and other internet threats. Antivirus doesn’t just provide protection from unknown threats but also features like firewall (for blocking inappropriate website), Parental Control (Putting a check on Children’s internet activity), Email Protection (Scanning incoming & outgoing mails and block specific files in outgoing attachments).
We recommend that computer system should have antivirus software installed in it to protect data from getting infected by some unknown threats. To install antivirus in computer system, you need to buy antivirus online by paying a certain amount.
Antivirus is the most common term which is used in connection with computer, internet or web security. Antivirus software is recommended for every computer system for protection against any sought of viruses, spyware, Trojans, root kits or other unknown threats.
But now the antivirus not seems to be enough to cope up with the increased number viruses and its forms. That’s why Total Security Antivirus is the new buzzword for data security which is advanced software beyond malware protection and provides extreme security against spyware, spam, phishing attacks and other online cyber threats.
Think above Antivirus & Total Security, Think 360 Complete Security!!!!
Antivirus software is the most commonly used data security software for all computer systems which includes desktops, laptops and other handheld devices. It is always recommended to have antivirus in your computer system as soon as you purchase a new one. There is a question which comes in mind of all the computer users when they are buying antivirus software, which Antivirus is the Best antivirus software? They actually don’t know what type of antivirus will be compatible or can fulfill their requirements of their system configuration.
It is always recommended to have antivirus software in your computer system which will provide robust protection from viruses, spyware and other unknown threats. But have you heard about Protegent 360 Complete Security software which is award winning security software by cyber media because it not only provides extremely advanced protection against viruses, spyware, malware, phishing attacks and other online cyber threats but have 5 advanced inbuilt modules of data care. Protegent Complete Security offers 75% extra features as compared to any other security product.
Antivirus is a commonly used term with computer, laptops and now with smart phones as well. Computer users must have wondered that what antivirus software they should install in their system so that the requirement of virus protection should get soughed out.
The most common words in data security were antivirus software, total security but now Complete Security is the new buzzword which provides extremely advanced protection against viruses, spyware, malware, Trojans and other online cyber threats.
Antivirus and total security is the most common buzz word heard in data security products. But have you heard about revolutionary Complete Security which is an advanced antivirus & have extreme feature beyond the capacity of Total Security Antivirus.