The effects of a virus attack or other malicious intrusions are as diverse as the types of viruses themselves and intrusion tactics they use. Moreover, the kind of damage they cause may also vary with the target of the attack. A home user might be targeted differently from a huge corporation. Some attacks may lead to complete breakdown of a company’s network, while others might turn a computer into a Zombie sending out spam. Whatsoever the attack may be, viruses do account for enormous financial and emotional inconvenience to the host.
Damaging Effects of a Malicious Code
The impacts of a virus attack can be seen in the form of system slow down, to begin with, to severe impairment of a computer’s operating system and detrimental effects on its operability. A malicious code attacking a user can manifest in numerous ways, as below:
- Corrupt Data Files: A virus attack on an organization’s computer is most likely to cause damage to its data files and vital business information.
- Unintended Access to Protected Business Information: Certain kinds of virus intrusions are capable of loading a spyware on a user’s system, allowing a remote hacker to get hold of his/her sensitive personal information.
- Impairs Productivity: On a broader level, viruses are hindrance on an individual and organization’s productivity.
- Unexplained System Failure: They not only lead to abrupt system shutdown and program failure, but also cause severe mental harassment to the affected party.
- Costly Affair to Handle: One may have to suffer huge financial losses on account of critical data loss due to virus attack. Further, virus cleanup and treatment of damaged resources may also require one to invest huge sum.
- Data Once Created is Impossible to Recreate: You will fail to disagree with me if I say that data once created cannot be recreated in its original form. An organization’s vital data or information, in the form of sales records, customer information, tender documents, accounts and financial data, employee records, health information, and heavily researched and analyzed data, is nearly impossible to recreate. Organizations are bound to make losses on account of not being able to protect such a data or lax security measures.
A reliable security software and malware protection program can go a long way in protecting an organization’s physical and intellectual resources.
PC Antivirus Software: Best Remedy for Advanced Intrusions
By having a good antivirus and security software in place, you can safeguard your treasured information and data effectively. An updated antivirus program serves as the best prevention against latest attacks and intrusion mechanisms used by modern hackers. An outdated antivirus is as bad as not having virus protection at all. Total Security Solution incorporates virus protection with regular updates from advanced virus signatures. It is also equipped with vulnerability scanner and advanced features to ensure optimized system speed. However, a complete security solution not only protects your system from the latest virus attacks, but is also equipped with programs to correct the damage caused by a fatal intrusion. Having a preventive data loss mechanism, inbuilt in your security system, can save you from losing your vital data permanently. Whereas, a port locker utility can prevent a malicious program from entering into your computer system by unintended means. Protect your computer system with a complete security solution and escape severe data loss scenarios.