Step1: Check for the system requirement
You may install only on computers running the following operating systems:
- Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (32-bit).
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 2.
- Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
Before installation, make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
Note: To find out the Windows operating system your computers is running and hardware information, right-click My Computer on the desktop and then select Properties from the menu.
Minimum System Requirements
- 1.8 GB available free hard disk space (at least 800 MB on the system drive)
- 800 MHz processor
- 1 GB of memory (RAM)
Recommended System Requirements
- 2.8 GB available free hard disk space (at least 800 MB on the system drive)
- Intel CORE Duo (1.66 GHz) or equivalent processor
- Memory (RAM):
- 1 GB for Windows XP
- 1.5 GB for Windows Vista and Windows 7
To be able to use Protegent and all its features, your computer needs to meet the following software requirements:
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or higher
- Yahoo! Messenger 8.1 or higher
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 / 2010
- Microsoft Outlook Express and Windows Mail (on 32-bit systems)
- Mozilla Thunderbird 3.0.4
- .NET Framework 3
Step2: Run the setup
Step3: Accept the agreement
Step4: Select if you want to use the trail pack of Crash Proof or want to add the license.
Step5: Installation Wizard will open and you need to select the product you want to install
Step6: After selecting the products need to click on next and installation process will start
Step7: Crash proof will start installing first.
- Once installation completes it will start taking the backup of your data and you can schedule the image updating time.
Step8: Then it will start installing the Protegent total security.
- Enter the Protegent total Security activation Key to Activate the product or select the option “I want to evaluate this product”
Note You can find your license key:
- On the CD/DVD label.
- On the product registration card.
- In the online purchase e-mail.
- Click on Register Now.
- By Selecting the radio I want to evaluate this product button user can use for a 30 day period.
- Custom settings
- Optionally, during this step you can customize the installation settings by clicking Custom Settings.
By default, Protegent Total Security 2012 will be installed in C:\Program Files\Protegent\Protegent 2012. If you want to change the installation path, click Change and select the folder in which you would like Protegent to be installed.
Configure Proxy Settings
Protegent Total Security 2012 requires access to the Internet for product registration, downloading security and product updates, in-cloud detection components etc. If you use a proxy connection instead of a direct Internet connection, you must select this option and configure the proxy settings.
The settings can be imported from the default browser or you can enter them manually.
Enable P2P Update
You can share the product files and signatures with other Protegent users. This way, Protegent updates can be performed faster. If you don't want to enable this feature, select the corresponding check box.
No personal identifiable information will be shared if this feature is enabled. If you want to minimize the impact of the network traffic on system performance during updates, use the update sharing option. Protegent uses ports 8880 - 8889 for peer-to-peer update.
Send Anonymous Usage Reports
By default, Anonymous Usage Reports are enabled. By enabling this option, reports containing information about how you use the product are sent to Protegent servers. This information is essential for improving the product and can help us offer you a better experience in the future. Please note that these reports will contain no confidential data, such as your name or IP address, and that they will not be used for commercial purposes.
- Click OK to confirm your preferences.
- Click Install to start the installation.
Setp9: Installation progress
- Installation process will start. It will perform a scan of your computer.
- Then you will get the window where you need to click on finish.
Step10: Once you finish the installation of Protegent total security you are done with the installation of Protegentpro.