What is Endpoint Security?
Endpoint security is a mechanism of securing endpoints or entrance points of end-user devices like laptops, notebooks, and cellular devices from being manipulated by malicious programs or software. Endpoint security systems shield these endpoints.
Endpoint security has developed from conventional antivirus applications to providing comprehensive security against malware and evolving zero-day dangers. Endpoint security is frequently seen as cybersecurity’s frontline, also signifies one of the primary areas organizations seem to secure their own business networks.
Since the quantity and elegance of cybersecurity risks have steadily increased, so has the demand for more innovative endpoint security options. Now’s endpoint security systems are designed to rapidly discover, assess, block, and comprise attacks in advance. To do so, they will need to collaborate with one another and with other safety technologies to provide administrators visibility to complex dangers to speed detection and remediation reaction times.
Why Endpoint security is important for the business?
To understand this question, we are considering here two aspects so that the answer is easier. In the previous era of internet, when businesses or enterprises just began adopting the new and advanced technologies into their corporates, local networks had always the perimeters that were firm and clear. It was very important at that point of time to be present physically in the same office to access the servers and central repositories also for going through the common portal.
Now, taking the second scenario, when the technologies have advanced and workplaces have also become modern, the transferring of business into cloud hosting and software as a service has become very common which led to turning the situation entirely different. Businesses have employees, partners, vendors and what not now. All of them connect with each other through the enterprise network from their personal devices and at times from remote locations as well. It has made everything stress-free for corporates as they can run the business globally but it has also led to introducing several cyber security threats that businesses are facing on regular basis these days. Also, it is important for businesses to understand that most of these threats occur because of the insiders.
So, it has become very crucial for the corporates to integrate the Endpoint Security Software to identify all the possible entrances that are used by the outsiders or hackers to gain the access of internal network. This way it would be easier for the business to secure all the endpoints that may become the target of cyber-attack or any of the security threats.
Best Endpoint Security Software 2020:-
Protegent Endpoint Security Software is a tool used to protect the end devices or endpoints such as computers and laptops from the threats like malware, spyware, ransmoware, and access that is unauthorized. With the help of this security software, user can ensure controlling the access to network which is most likely to become the victim of malware’s or malicious attacks. The Protegent Endpoint Security Software is developed with cloud-based innovation to closely monitor and to ensure threat detection, fortification and stoppage.
Protegent endpoint security is developed with the motive of offering an extra advanced security features to protect the corporate from massive security threats associated to endpoint devices of network. The primary help this security software offer includes limiting the access for hackers while they are planning to initiate attack with the new methods of obtaining access, stealing the important data or information, and influencing the employees so that they can disclose the significant information of business.
With the incorporation of Protegent Endpoint Security Software, it would be easier for the businesses and user to secure their entry points from the user who is unauthorized and any sort of malicious activity that may take place. Companies also can efficiently look after the maintenance of endpoint compliance with the standards of data security.
Conversing about the enterprises, then Protegent Endpoint Security Software process assists in securing the organizational devices effectively thus protecting the corporate network from susceptibilities and measure any kind of exploitation by attackers through cybercrimes, malicious, malware, spyware etc.
Protegent is developed mainly keeping the security threats in mind integrating the endpoints with current patches, following the adequate protocols of security, also the standards set by several compliance policies are met. The users of software would find the integration of configurations to prevent the security risks in the endpoint devices.
To comprehend the Protegent Endpoint Security Software, you need to keep reading below as the relevant aspects are detailed for better understanding.
What are the uses of Protegent Endpoint Security Software for businesses?
To begin with the installation process of Protegent Endpoint Security Software, it is essential that corporates comprehends the uses of it. It would be helpful for them in using the product appropriately. So, here are the primary uses of software:
- One of the main uses of Protegent endpoint security includes device protection. Since nowadays the trend of BYOD (Bring your own Device) is quite popular and also organizations are allowing for it, so in that case the software use would assist them in securing the endpoints and devices from cyber threats like ransomware. It would oblige in reducing the probability of any inner threat caused by employees. Corporates can secure their devices even when the employee is working from remote location.
- Secondly, corporate can make use of this software for network controls. It is evaluated that most of the businesses have to experience intricacies when controlling their network because they don’t find any adequate and required security product. So, in that case, Protegent endpoint is the solution for such organizations as it would help them in networking controlling. It is also integrated with the comprehensive firewall so there is also no requirement of getting apprehended for the filtration of incoming traffic and categorizing the probable risks.
- Application control is another primary use of the software and corporates without any doubt can integrate it to secure their endpoint devices. It includes the integration with server of application so that appropriate monitoring and restricting the endpoint kind’s access can be ensured.
- It is seen that these days most of the businesses are worried about their data protection because of the increase in cyber and security attacks or threats conducted by the hackers. It makes them more worried because of the information stored in it. So, integrating Protegent endpoint security would not only help in securing endpoints but also ensure data controls. The software has the ability to prevent and reduce the probability of data leaks. The best part is that it also benefits the business in improving their data security with the encryption of confidential information.
- Browser protection is also the use businesses can incorporate with the installation of Protegent endpoint security. The security software inculcates the option of web filtration so that the sites corporates can permit the access to the only type of sites they want their employees to use when connected with the network.
What benefits Protegent Endpoint Security Software offers to the Small, Medium and Large Enterprises?
The outbreak of coronavirus has led to destroying the businesses of all sizes, be it small, medium or large. Even after the pandemic, it has been noted that most of the enterprises are still neglecting the problems like cyber security.
Companies are utilizing the remote workforce technologies so that the infection spread is combatted but they are not concerned about protecting the modes of communication being used for getting in touch with the employees. Hence, it has become the need to integrate Protegent endpoint security solution to reduce complexities that can take place due to security threats.
It’s just not about the present situation even in future it is very important for businesses of all sizes to accumulate the software to be stress-free. For more information, let’s have a look at the benefits of Protegent endpoint security for small, large and medium-sized businesses:
- Management of patch increasingly: It is significant to understand for every size of business that patches matter. There is always a crucial information related to security in every endpoint patch which assists in mitigating or preventing the cyber threats or attacks. It has been identified that hackers make use of the endpoints that are unpatched and use them as way of major targets. As per the survey of PonemonInsititue, the usual endpoint is three months overdue when it comes to update. Whereas, there is always the requirement of around 97 days for testing and deploying the patches to every endpoint.
Therefore, Protegent Endpoint Security Software is the solution when it comes to patch management for all size of businesses. The software enables the IT team for identifying the devices that are unpatched and assists in troubleshooting the probable susceptibilities before attacker plans to abuse. This security solution ensure patching of the devices in a manner so that the workflow for employees in an organization is disrupted.
- Enhanced visibility: Lack of visibility is one of the problems in enterprises causing the risks like cyber security. Organizations keep putting efforts to create the extraordinary acumens into their atmosphere. But, it is essential to comprehend that if there is no visibility then it gets problematic for experts of cyber security to identify the attack surfaces planned by attackers. Businesses should also know that hackers always victimize as they prefer secluded, susceptible, and the ignored endpoints.
Hence, among all the other benefits enhanced visibility is also offered by Protegent endpoint security solution to the small, medium and large sized businesses. The software assists corporates in identifying all the devices that are linked to the network so that appropriate norms are amended for the remote work. Thus, the software helps in uncovering all the probable gaps and ensures performing the frequent checks so that fragile spots are prevented within no time.
- Streamlined connectivity: It has been evaluated in studies that layered and complex endpoint security may at times enhances the breach probability rather than eliminating it entirely. If we take it in an objective manner, then it may sound sensible. Basically, congesting endpoints with multiple agents lead to create the problems associated to integration that create varied susceptibilities for protection. Protegent endpoint security is the solution that can offer benefits like streamlined connectivity. The software ensures offering comprehensive abilities that are helpful for enterprises when it comes to streamlining the solutions linked to cyber security.
- Reduction in loss:In this current scenario, most of the employees are working from home due to covid-19 situation. So, in that case it becomes very important for the organizations to look after loss prevention whether it is digital or physical. Conversing about the digital sphere then Protegent endpoint security offers the benefit of providing the protection to endpoint devices since so many employees are working remotely these days specifically.
The software is useful in preventing the data from leaving the locations of database that are verified including endpoints. It also help in preventing the complex data from being uploaded to the databases i.e. public cloud. On the other hand in case, if an employee experience the loss of an endpoint comprising important data or information then this software remains the only help. It assists in remote wiping and identifying the endpoints so that the data can be protected efficiently.
What are the unique features of Protegent Endpoint Security Software?
Protegent endpoint security has been developed with the intent of assisting the organizations when it comes to securing the endpoint devices. So, there are unique features that have been integrated to make sure that it works best for enterprises. Here are its features:
- Sandbox threat capture: This is one of the prominent features in the software and is beneficial for enterprises when it comes identification of the unknown threats. With the cutting-edge technology accumulated in the software, it has the efficiency of capturing the file which are unknown and sends them to the endpoint antivirus threat labs. The main purpose of sending the files in these labs is to initiate the real time analysis for ensuring safety and protection.
- Vulnerability scanner:It is seen that malicious registry and traces of cookies don’t find any sort of difficult when it comes to the system. It is effortless to damage and breach the personal information. Hence, it is essential for an enterprise to integrate the Protegent end point security system as it benefits in scanning the vulnerabilities of the system. After the scanning is done, it ensures system registry cleanup from the problems like virus, malware or software traces which include unsolicited changes.
- Speed-lighting: This feature of Protegent endpoint security is useful for the corporates in obtaining the updates linked to threat and hence make it one of the frivolous software’s. The feature accumulate the significant segment of analyzing threats in sandbox hence ensures system is not slowing down.
- USB Vaccine:This feature has been integrated in the software to protect the USB drives across the network so that the businesses don’t experience disruptions when operating. It also repairs the USB’s that are infected within no time and also retrieves unhidden files because of virus outbreak.
- Junk cleaner: With this feature in Protegent endpoint, it would be easier for the corporates to categorize and remove the unrequired files. These are the files which are generated by windows and applications like log, temporary and files for error reporting.
- Data loss prevention: With the use of Protegent endpoint security, enterprise obtains the feature of data loss prevention as well. It assists in storing the data in case theft takes place and limits the access which is unknown for the devices.
- Registry Repair: Corporates can efficiently mitigate the issue of registry file that leads to impacting the performance of system. Registry repair feature in the software ensures cleaning up the concealed traces in file extension category, assist menu order, startup
- Updates & Upgrades:With this feature, businesses can ensure hourly updates and upgrades which again eradicates the probability of any security threat for the endpoint devices.
- Light weight antivirus:The software is a lightweight and hence makes sure that the systems are not slowing down which is why it is also called Speedo.
Admin console features
Following are the admin console features that have been incorporated in the Protegent Endpoint Security Software to make it more proficient:
- Easy creation and groups managing with endpoint clients.
- Different policy enforcement for the offsite and onsite users.
- Security policy creation and adequate deployment all over the groups.
- Easy interface integrated for use.
- Simpler deployment associated to customized settings per group/client.
- Solitary dashboard allows the user viewing the status of endpoint protection, status and events of USB.
- Role-based administration consent for sharing and delegating the accountability for actions.
- Comprehensive feature of reporting for tackling the system that is pre-defined and customizable.
- Improved and supple massive network management.
- Single console for managing the security for both antivirus and web.
- Easy installation wizard for use with zero configurations.
- Easy generation for an audit report of the user system centrally with profound details of hardware and software.
- Simple identification of user logs (events, device, manual scan, real-time scan and manual scan, USB events, app logs, anti-ransom backup logs, new file logs etc.
- Easy sending of the endpoint reports on the email id of admin.
- Generation of audit report centralized.
- Taking centralized anti-ransom backup.
Which are the challenges a business encounter and why it must need an endpoint security?
According to the Verizon report of 2018, it is estimated that around 92% of the malware attacks takes place through emails. Reason identified for the problem is that in an enterprise employees keep clicking on the link thinking that they are from trusted resource. This leads to giving a chance to hackers for initiating the malware installation, spreading it and access gaining for the applications, databases and servers. All we mean to depict here is that the parameter security solutions don’t prove to be sufficient for fighting back the malware attacks.
It is being addressed here so that businesses can understand the challenges which require endpoint security. For better comprehension, let’s have a look at the challenges below:
- Operating system exposure: It is identified that the security issues in a business takes place because of the operating systems. Reason being is that even when the technology has advanced even then enterprises are using the old systems such as Windows XP which are not supported by the Microsoft. To upgrade the system, there is the need of huge monetary and outflow that is operational. So, to reduce this organizations settles down for the traditional antivirus security. The result is security attacks and data theft.
It is important that businesses integrate Protegent endpoint security so as to reduce the issue because it has the efficiency of mitigating the discussed problems. It not only helps the business in securing the endpoint devices but also notifies even before the security attack takes place.
- Not understanding the endpoint security: This is another significant challenge most of the business experience because they don’t comprehend it in an efficient manner. Most of the times, organizations confuse endpoint security with previous available computer protection programs. They just believe that it would help them in securing the network and the IT infrastructure and it’s not their fault entirely as certain endpoint security software claims too many features and don’t provide them to the user. But, Protegent endpoint security is unique and exceptional.
The use of this software would ensure providing the different controls such as port, application, endpoint detection and response, data loss prevention, sandboxing, secure email gateways and cloud perimeter security. All in all, businesses can proficiently feel calm when it comes to security attack or any malware, spyware etc.
- Not keeping the apps up to date: This again is one of the main challenge that requires protection. It is seen that most of the businesses are not concerned about updating their applications time to time which leads to creating the huge probability of security attacks. Enterprises have the misconceptions that simple antivirus security installation will figure out the solution for security threats. It is high time that they understand the significance of endpoint security and integrate it in the system. With the use of Protegent endpoint security, they don’t have to be concerned about the updating of application every time. Software itself initiates the regular updates so that the vulnerabilities can be suspected and eradicated if found any.
Scenario- Real case Problem
Here we are going to illustrate the real case problem to understand the amazing qualities of Protegent Endpoint security. There are always two kind of IT managers in an office. One who is always chilled out and second who always find himself in chaos.
Let’s talk about the second one first. Ed works in a company called, “ABC” as an IT manager. He is been working with the company for years and understands the core of business. He used to begin his mornings in the office but one fine day it wasn’t usual. As soon as, he reached the office and switched on his system, he was in a big chaos. He encountered the virus detection. The complete office was in mess and he couldn’t understand.
Now, he started identifying what actually went wrong and evaluated that the software was not updated. The employee’s productivity in the office was very poor, computers also were speeding down. He had no idea of whether the systems were experiencing contamination with malicious content from the sites or it is because of the external storage. Somehow, he managed to resolve the issue with the assistance of technical team.
Adam, works in a “XYZ Company” as an IT manager. He is always relaxed and calm. He never finds himself in the trouble. The team always shows complete productivity and also systems never slows down. So, how does he manage to do that? Simple solution, installed Protegent endpoint security. He has efficiently take care of the issues beforehand. The software is easy to install deploy and manage.
He has obtained the several defense layers that continually ensures performing the usual endpoint security. The single console solution assists him in minimizing the overhead management and offers the visibility with control. He can easily view the risk score and ensure analyzing the misconfiguration with the susceptibilities.
The Protegent endpoint security has set him free from worrying about any security threat and proficiently he manages everything with the software as it keeps updating on regular basis.
Therefore, it is also essential for Ed to integrate the Protegent endpoint security if he wants to begin his morning calmly every day like Adam.
It has become a challenge for every enterprise when it comes to dealing with the endpoint security challenges as most of them are using the software’s that are traditional. There is a requirement of accepting the fact that nowadays it is improbable to accomplish endpoint security without using the solutions that are automated.
It is every day cyber and security attacks are rising and traditional software’s don’t have the efficiency of dealing with the trends of cyber threats. Hence, to resolve all these issues Protegent endpoint security is the only solution.
With the software, every business can mitigate the issue in an efficient manner and don’t have to find the complexities when it comes to resolving the security or cyber-attacks.
Hopefully, the article would assist in understanding the Protegent endpoint security software – Best Endpoint Security Software 2020.
Share your thoughts with us on Protegent endpoint security. Connect with us at Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and You Tube.
For more information, reach: https://unistal.com/
Stay home. Stay safe.